In May of 2007 I wrote my 100th blog post while I was still a fairly young blogger and the mother of only one child. I have this list of things I wanted to do before I turned 40, that I wrote when I had just turned 34. I look at the list now and I guess that some things were easy, but others just haven’t happened.
Here is that list:
Write at least 5 posts a week between the two blogs consistently.Close enough. Teach Aidan to read.Done, well he did it himself at 3. Start my Kindermusik business. (By September I hope.)Not even interested. Teach Aidan to swim. Have another baby.
- Buy a dwelling. Not even close. Not on my list anymore.
- Get a full time teaching position. (Grade 5 or 6 hopefully.) Nope.
Join another choir.Done, but not going anymore.
- Go to Disney whatever (either coast is fine.) Nope.
Visit the Grand Canyon.Done, was fabulous. See Penn and Teller.Done
- Visit Ireland and meet family. Nope
- Get Irish Passport. Nope
- Lose 40 lbs. Nope, not so worried about it anymore.
Get into better shape. Done, and getting better. Learn to snowboard.Well, I learned to ski better. Go to some Winter Olympic events.It was a great time. Readand review a hundred books in a year. Read, but not reviewed.
- Narrate a novel. Only to my kids.
- Start a podcast. Not so interested.
- Find a good topic or premise for said podcast.
- Write a couple of children’s books. Only in my head.
- Start the scrapbook of Aidan’s life and actually finish a few pages. No.
Spend a couple of nights away from Aidan with Anthony. Yes. Yay!
- Go to Paris. Nope. ğ
- Get Organized. (At least 1 aspect of my life.) Somewhat.
- Have a huge yard sale. Nope
Get rid of stuff.Yes. Organize my books. Did, but they need it again. ride my bike againYes, we bike all the time now. Go camping with Aidan. We did a 2.5 week road trip with both boys.
- Learn to Ballroom dance. Not so much.
- Learn to write better. God, I hope so.
Make an amazing train track formationI am a fabulous track maker.
- Drive across Canada Boo, not yet.
Go outside more often, even in the rain.Yes, we do get out in all weathers. See U2 in concert again.Yes, and it was fabulous. I will always see them again. Spend more time with Family. As much as we can. Go swimming more often Take more photographsAlmost every day. Do something with the video we have. I sent our wedding videos to be turned to dvds.
- Shoot more video for the grandparents.
- Take another jewelry making course. No.
- Vacuum 1 a week HA!
- Clean Master bedroom 1 a month. LOL
- Go to Italy. Sigh, no.
- Visit somewhere warm for a vacation. Not in the way I meant.
- Take a girl’s trip to somewhere fun and relaxing. Blogher was not really relaxing. Fun, but not relaxing.
Spend more time with Anthony alone.Not nearly enough.
- Take more time to relax. Not nearly enough.