Today is my 38th birthday. I am 38 years old. I am much closer to 40 than 30. I think that I want to post a list of things I want to do in my 39th year.
1: Become a better photographer. I think this is a reasonable goal. I am practicing, I am looking at things like a photographer.
2: Take some time for me. This should be easy, right?
3: Establish a monthly date night. This is something both Anthony and I need.
4: Write more.
5: Get a few freelance writing jobs.
6: Get to Blissdom Canada. At least I already have the ticket. Now for airfare and hotel. (I want to bookend the trip with days with my brother.)
7: Read More. I need to take time to read. I miss going to sleep with a book, well with a book not on my ipod.
8: Lose a few inches everywhere. I don’t care about losing weight, I just want to be tighter and feel better in my clothes.
9: Have a fun summer with my boys. We had such a shitty summer last year that we need some time for fun in the sun. Beach time, road trip, swimming, biking, geocaching, lots of fun.
10: Take some time to figure out what and how I want to do things in the future. Quinlan is in preschool next year and I need to have a plan for what I want to do once he starts school. It might be nice to start making some money again.
11: Take a look at my list of things to do before I am 40. I really should do this and update it. I can’t even remember what is on the list.
- Write at least 5 posts a week between the two blogs consistently.
Teach Aidan to read.
- Start my Kindermusik business. (Not something I really want to do anymore.)
Teach Aidan to swim. Have another baby.
- Buy a dwelling. (Not going to happen without the lottery win.)
- Get a full time teaching position. (Not sure I want this anymore.)
- Join another choir.
- Go to Disney whatever (either coast is fine.)
- Visit the Grand Canyon. (This summer.)
- See Penn and Teller. (This summer.)
- Visit Ireland and meet family. (Next summer I hope.)
- Get Irish Passport. (This year, I promise.)
- Lose 40 lbs. (Yeah, with another baby I gained and lost that much.)
Get into better shape. Learn to snowboard. Skiing instead. Go to some Winter Olympic events.
- Read and review a hundred books in a year.
- Narrate a novel.
- Start a podcast.
- Find a good topic or premise for said podcast.
- Write a couple of children’s books.
- Start the scrapbook of Aidan’s life and actually finish a few pages.
- Go to Paris.
Spend a couple of nights away from Aidan with Anthony.
- Get Organized. (At least 1 aspect of my life.)
- Have a huge yard sale.
- Get rid of stuff.
Organize my books. Needs it again. ride my bike again
- Go camping with Aidan and Quinlan. This summer on the road trip!
- Learn to Ballroom dance
- Learn to write better, Still working on this.
Make an amazing train track formation
- Drive across Canada
Go outside more often, even in the rain See U2 in concert again.
- Spend more time with Family, can alway do more.
Go swimming more often Take more photographs
- Do something with the video we have
Shoot more video for the grandparents
- Take another jewelry making course
- Vacuum 1 a week. You know not a priority in my life.
- Clean Master bedroom 1 a month, getting better at this.
- Go to Italy
- Visit somewhere warm for a vacation
- Take a girl’s trip to somewhere fun and relaxing
- Spend more time with Anthony alone, I could always use more time with Anthony.
- Take more time to relax
Hey, if you ever sign up for another jewelry making class let me know and I may be able to join you. 🙂
Hope your birthday was a good one.